Wednesday, May 03, 2006



Days of Italy....Rome is gorgeous. Sans the other million tourists, hotel-hunting difficulties, crappy waiters, sleazy men, angry cabbies, streets fillled with touters selling fake gucci prada handbags and sunglasses; say 1 to every 5 tourists!

The Colosseum was truly amazing. Will catch Gladiator soon just to check out how they reproduced it. And the ruins were being ruins, I guess I still prefer Asian ruins, kill me, i know im biased, being a Southeast Asian student and all. Professor Miksic, I know you will be proud. Like Borobodur and Angkor Wat...they drive me gaga any day. Of course Jan shares the oppososite sentiments. Nonetheless, Rome still worked its own magic, casting her spell deeper as we roamed through the archaeological sites.

I've never seen a more toursit oriented city. the metro stopped at just about every attraction; like a Rome-shaped, Sentosa monorail system. Also, i believe i've never felt, smelt, observed and been together with a greater crowd of toursits gathered in one city, not to mention the concentration of souvenir shops, out to squeeze every toursity penny out there.

me and my new pal, Michaelangelo.

anyways after participating in all the activities which should be done as a proper tourist in Italy/Rome (as seen above), the next thing would be to hunt for good Gelato; which we did to the tune of a grand total of 30 scoops in our 7days there. In addition to the search for the prettiest/tastiest pizzas!!! you can't blame me for the greedy face...



















taking a midday break on ancient, Roman grass in the middle of ruinous compunds.


the third great and missing but now found intellectual of Rome :)

1 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home